Step 1 – Design Your Piece
Create a design for your piece based on the below pre-approved sizes by the USPS for EDDM rates. Be sure to add 0.125″ to the height and the width to account for the bleed.
- 12″ x 6″ should be 12.125″ x 6.125″
- 11″ x 8.5″ should be 11.125″ x 8.675″
- 11″ x 6.25″ should be 11.125″ x 6.375″
- 11″ x 4.25″ should be 11.125″ x 4.375″
- 9″ x 6.25″ should be 9.125″ x 6.375″
- 8.5″ x 7″ should be 8.675″ x 7.125″
Postage is the same 19.2 cents per piece no matter how large or small of a design you choose.
Be sure to include a Return Address, Generic Mailto Label Option Approved by the USPS and EDDM Indicia. See this guide for details.
Step 2 – Choose Your Routes
Use the USPS EDDM Tool to select your routes.
Step 3 – Post Office Form
You must fill out PS Form 3587 for each post office that you are dropping off postcards to.
Step 4 – Bundling by Route
Your Self-Service EDDM order will automatically come bundled into 100 postcards.
- Each bundle must have its own facing slip.
- Each route must be separated into its own box. If you don’t have enough boxes you can ask the post office for a mail tray, but you must separate them into their own route before handing them over.